Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screaming Sheila .. and other area legends

Screaming Sheila .. and other area legends

ECPYA is hosting this year's Haunted House again. *The theme is Screaming Sheila.. only... I've don't think I've heard the same story twice about Screaming Sheila. *The only common link is that she hangs out at Ringling Lake. *Since many I have heard the story from are fairly young, and I know Screaming Sheila has been around for quite some time... what's the story you heard?

You don't really wan't to know . Trust me

The story I heard was that she was taken out there with a bunch of people and that they tied cinder blocks to her ankles with a rope. They told her that they were going to tie her up and that she would have to get herself out by untying the ropes. But her hands were tied together too, in the front of her body. She didn't want to do it, but to impress the people she was with she would do it. They threw her in and she was screaming....hence the name screaming sheila. Obviously she never got herself untied. I don't believe in ghosts but that's what I was told about it.

Quote Originally Posted by NKP
    You don't really wan't *to know . Trust me *
    OOOOKKK...what do you know that we don't NKP? I've been in a boat fishin' out there a few years back and it's not that deep...

knw1und2knw Guest
    I think every town has that same story.just a little difference in details.lol

Apparently very different in details. That was one I hadn't heard, mc.

Neko Guest
    Someone mentioned the other day that there are alot of "occult" activity in that area. Is this true?

Don't know any specifics other than she supposedly appears, dressed in white, and moans. The only memory I have is that one member of the class of '86 danged near hurt himself trying to get away from her. Wish I could help more. Sounds like a good plan for the haunted house!

CG
    The post above reflects my opinion and my opinion alone. I do NOT nor will I ever speak for any of my family members or my friends in Eastland County.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko
    Someone mentioned the other day that there are alot of "occult" activity in that area. *Is this true?
    Probably not. I grew up in Eastland and heard all of my life about Satan worshippers meeting in the vicinity of the Cisco dam. I never thought that it was true but who knows? Maybe others can elaborate.

CG

knw1und2knw Guest
    I heard that same thing 11 years ago.Was gonna go and see with some friends till some one got scared.So...guess I'll never know.

There was a shootin' out there a few years back..fishermen vs. inebriated youngsters on the bank...

I was always told that "Sheila" appears dressed in white looking for her lost love. She is supposed to be moaning sadly for him. I think she was supposed to have been killed in accident on the bridge out there.

Quote Originally Posted by spinster
    I was always told that "Sheila" *appears dressed in white looking for her lost love. *She is supposed to be moaning sadly for him. *I think she was supposed to have been killed in accident on the bridge out there.
    Now that's sounding familiar. And I'm sure it's much closer to the truth.

Linda Plumley Guest
    I remember in the 50Th's same story out at Hagaman Lake a few of us went out there, we heard screams and moans but I was pretty sure some of the other kids got out there before we did but it worked because by the time we got back to Ranger we started counting heads and we had to go back and pick up the one we left .Of course she was gone and she was also in with the other group and to top it off she was my cousin and I was suppose to have been watching over her .To end the story my cousin was sitting on the steps at my house with my Mom laughing at all of us come to find out my Mom was in on it to. Thank God we didn't go to the Police Dept. and report her missing . I don't know no what we were thinking all I knew I was going to be grounded for life because that thing out at Hagaman Lake had got her .

By the way Remember the " Cado Credder"

knw1und2knw Guest
    Cado Credder...now that is something I haven't heard in awhile.
    Funny story you had...Scary at the time..but funny later.

One story I heard was that she caught her husband with another woman and killed them both. She cut his head off and would float down the lake screaming with his head in her arms. Another story was that her husband was killed on their wedding night in an accident and his head was cut off. Hence the white dress she is supposed to be wearing. Something like that anyway. Will ask my mom tomorrow.
    Anyone ever hear the story of the panther that used to roam around Ringling lake many years ago. Some say the scream of the panther is what started the Screaming Sheila tale.

according to some websites, If I give them my credit card numer and I am of the correct age to be able to view certain things and materials, then I can find out just what "really" makes Sheila scream!....I will pass on this.....roflol
    "Dear God, this year please send clothes for all those poor ladies on Grandpa's computer, Amen."

Barbie Doll Guest
    Ok here is what I heard of the story:

she caught her husband with another woman and cut off his head and somehow fell off the bridge out there and drowned. She is supposed to scream like almost a high pitch scream as she rises out of the water and back on to the bridge, but, story goes, if you see her she will come after you. I have been out there with friends late at night, years ago, and I do not know if it was the excitement in our minds playing tricks on us or if it was really sheila, But I do know that I got a sprained ankle and another girl that was with the 10 of us got a bloody nose, trying to all cram back in the truck after hearing a noise or too.

ALSO- the "occult" stuff comes from people who say they have seen sacrificed animals out at Ringling hanging from trees. I do not think that this is true. I have seen dead animals hanging from trees out there before but they were coyotes, and people string them up to pretty much "warn" of other coyotes. They were not sacrificed, just dead.

I heard that she goes around screaming for her dead children.

I heard that her children were drowned and she is screaming for them.

What other local legends are there? Please give any other stories that have been passed down through the years in other towns around.

Barbie Doll Guest
    Carbon School

Story goes-

2 high school boys were fighting on the 3rd floor in the stair well, one of the boys little sister tried to break them up. She was stabbed and killed. Legend has it that if you go to the school, at night, and look up at the 4th window on the 3rd story ( 4th from the entrance) at the back you will see her standing in the window looking down. at 11:00 at night when she comes to the window and looks out, blood is supposed to run down the stairs from the 3 story down to the first.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGunz
    according to some websites, If I give them my credit card numer and I am of the correct age to be able to view certain things and materials, then I can find out just what "really" makes Sheila scream!....I will pass on this.....roflol
    Now we are getting somewhere, LOL!
    Secretary,
    Harper Valley PTA

Thurber
    Smokestack
    A pretty young girl is rumored to sing opera tunes as she walks the streets of Thurber at night.

Another young girl sits atop the smoke stack. She supposedly died of pneumonia and her fiance dug her body up to retrieve the ring - but he had to cut her finger off to do it. When she started bleeding, he realized that she was still alive, but he buried her again anyway to cover his shameful deed. Now she searches for the man who betrayed her.
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...elinecolor.gif

"Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is looking"

i herd this from an old historian i cant remember her name but she came and talk to us in the 8th grade. When asked about screaming sheila she said she knew and incondent that happened along time ago maybe in the 30s, or 40s where a young boy and girl wanted to get married and their parents would not let them so they decieded to kill themselfs, they went out to ringling lake and the boy did not want to shoot him self and asked her to shoot him well she did and he died inctantly and she shot her self and it did not kill her right then the police found her the screaming and i think she died in the hopital so hence the name screaming sheila.

and as far as the acult being out their ive rode my 4 wheelers out their alot and never seen nothing weird. I remember campin in scoust out their and never hearing nothing out of the unusual.

Barbie Doll Guest
    Julie,

are yall going to have the haunted house at Ringling lake?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet_Bob
    i herd this from an old historian i cant remember her name but she came and talk to us in the 8th grade. When asked about screaming sheila she said she knew and incondent that happened along time ago maybe in the 30s, or 40s where a young boy and girl wanted to get married and their parents would not let them so they decieded to kill themselfs, *they went out to ringling lake and the boy did not want to shoot him self and asked her to shoot him well she did and he died inctantly and she shot her self and it did not kill her right then the police found her the screaming and i think she died in the hopital so hence the name screaming sheila. *

and as far as the acult being out their ive rode my 4 wheelers out their alot and never seen nothing weird. I remember campin in scoust out their and never hearing nothing out of the unusual.

So basically we have a romeo and juliet story!! LOL
    Quit wondering HOW God is going to do it, just TRUST that it has ALREADY been done!!!

Dreamcatcher Guest
    The occult stuff is reported to go on at the Cisco dam...I don't think it's a current issue, but considering what I've heard, I'm not as skeptical as I once was about the validity of the claims in the past.
    I never could get anyone to pin down the story of Screaming Sheila, apparently the story isn't so important as the screaming.
    The Caddo Critter was fun...the Caddo Mercantile had the Critter painted on it for a while.
    I have heard a story that there was a man who fell in the concrete of the Cisco dam while it was being built and they just left him there.

the boy did not want to shoot him self and asked her to shoot him well she did and he died inctantly and she shot her self and it did not kill her right then the police found her the screaming and i think she died in the hopital so hence the name screaming sheila.
    ...just as well they didn't get married , if he was too lazy to shoot himself,and she had to shoot him, she would have ended up doing everything on her own anyway...working two jobs, mowing the yard, cleaning the house, changing the oil, slopping the hogs...
    and I know why Sheila screams..she buys gasoline...
    "The enclosed comments do not reflect the opinions of the staff, owners or advertisiers of any business establishment JoHo works for, has worked for, will work for or is considering working for, or has ever been considered as potentitally working for..."

Quote Originally Posted by Barbie Doll
    Julie,

are yall going to have the haunted house at Ringling lake?
    We thought about looking into a Haunted hay ride out there, but after the rain we had last Halloween and due to some other security issues we had, we decided to put it in the same place we had it last year. The old H&R lumber yard/pet shop/Big S Construction building.

Linda Plumley Guest
    Talk to the new People that own the Restaurant in Ranger at one time that was Ranger Lumber & Supply My Grandfather owned it when he passed away then my uncle took over .

Up-stares over the Lumber was a Hotel for the Rail Road Men ,the Hotel closed down in the early 50Th's. my Grandfather let us have a slumber party up there one week-in we all finally got settled and we kept hearing doors slamming and we got real quite and heard heavy walking I don't know who or what it was but my Grandfather told me he had heard it before to needless to say we didn't go back besides did you ever see 9 kids in one twin bed ,not conferable at all.

I was always told that "Sheila" *appears dressed in white looking for her lost love. *She is supposed to be moaning sadly for him. *I think she was supposed to have been killed in accident on the bridge out there.
    This is what I heard as a kid. She was with her husband/boyfriend and they were crossing the bridge. They were in a truck and and the bridge collapsed killing her. The legend is that she is screaming for her husband/boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by kay
    This is what I heard as a kid. *She was with her husband/boyfriend and they were crossing the bridge. *They were in a truck and and the bridge collapsed killing her. *The legend is that she is screaming for her husband/boyfriend.
    I am going to agree with kay here. this is also what I have been told. It was an 18 wheeler and the bridge collapsed. Anyway, my cat is named Screaming Shiela.
    Have you kissed your dog today?

the bridge at ringling now isnt much it only is about 4ft from the ground. but their is the old train bridge out their which has collapsed or something happened to it but the poles are still their.

I always hread that she lost her baby . MMM .

Quote Originally Posted by Docmom
    Quote Originally Posted by kay
    This is what I heard as a kid. *She was with her husband/boyfriend and they were crossing the bridge. *They were in a truck and and the bridge collapsed killing her. *The legend is that she is screaming for her husband/boyfriend.
    I am going to agree with kay here. *this is also what I have been told. *It was an 18 wheeler and the bridge collapsed. *Anyway, my cat is named Screaming Shiela.
    Docmom and I are about the same age and we have both been here most of our lives so I think this makes our story right!! hahahahaha This is one of those times when I say, "I need my mother here, she would remember!"

What bridge are you talking about collapsing. * How long has it been since that bridge collapsed? *We're going to get to the bottom of this yet. * *

Who is one of the oldest here who remembers a Screaming Sheila legend from their younger years. *Did this legend just start up in the 60's or 70's?

Quote Originally Posted by Julie
    What bridge are you talking about collapsing. * How long has it been since that bridge collapsed? *We're going to get to the bottom of this yet. * *

Who is one of the oldest here who remembers a Screaming Sheila legend from their younger years. *Did this legend just start up in the 60's or 70's?
    I had never heard of Sheila until my kids mentioned it to me when they were in school.

The only bridge at Ringling Lake that I know about is located north of the lake. I believe it was the bridge built for The Ringling Railroad. The correct name for the railroad was was Eastland, Wichita Falls and Gulf. According to the Eastland County History book, the tracks ran behind the Eastland Cemetery and crossed Highway 80 west of the Leon River bridge. The book also mentions that the engines and equipment owned by the Ringling Railroad were kept south of the cemetery.

Elmo Hill went to work for the railroad in 1919 and continued in that job until he died in 1943. The railroad shut down shortly after his death.

Although I don't think big trucks would have have had a route through that area, the bridge may have been used by vehicles after the railroad ceased to exist. I moved to Eastland in the early 50's and I don't remember a time when it was possible to drive across the bridge. Of course, there may be another bridge there that I've never seen.
    Don't ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

The bridge that connected one side of the lake to the other was still there at least in the early 1960's for I have ridden across it.It did finally fall down.I think there is another bridge at the base of the little hill as you go out to the lake

all these stories of SS are giving me the heebie jeebies...I will never go to Ringling Lake NOW...ya'll skeered me.....roflol

Quote Originally Posted by Gearldean
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie

I had never heard of Sheila until my kids mentioned it to me when they were in school. *

The only bridge at Ringling Lake that I know about is located north of the lake. *I believe it was the bridge built for The Ringling Railroad. *The correct name for the railroad was was Eastland, Wichita Falls and Gulf. *According to the Eastland County History book, the tracks ran behind the Eastland Cemetery and crossed Highway 80 west of the Leon River bridge. *The book also mentions that the engines and equipment owned by the Ringling Railroad were kept south of the cemetery.

Elmo Hill went to work for the railroad in 1919 and continued in that job until he died in 1943. *The railroad shut down shortly after his death.

Although I don't think big trucks would have have had a route through that area, *the bridge may have been used by vehicles after the railroad ceased to exist. *I moved to Eastland in the early 50's and I don't remember a time when it was possible to drive across the bridge. *Of course, there may be another bridge there that I've never seen.
    When did you lose your eyesight? LOL. I can take you to the leftover bridge. Years ago I fished near there.

My husband remembers a fishing trip he,his dad and brother took out to the lake about 1948.He said it was about 10 at night and they heard what sounded like a woman's scream coming from the hill side across the lake-didn't take them long to get their fishing gear together.But he doesn't remember hearing about SS until the early 60's-course his memory may be going

His memory and my typing-meant to say early 50's

Quote Originally Posted by Docmom
    When did you lose your eyesight? *LOL. *I can take you to the leftover bridge. *Years ago I fished near there.
    I didn't lose my eyesight. The bridge you're thinking of is the only one I know about. I guess I should have said the north SIDE of the lake. There was some water on past the bridge to the north but not much.

I remember when there was water over the bridge and you could walk on the pipes. I had nighmares about it.

I meant to say under.

Rodger .

I can't believe no one remembers the old wooden bridge that was once on the north side of the lake. When it finally collapsed they built the steel bridge that is there now.

The wooden bridge was very old when I was in high school and the high school crowd did a lot of "parking" near that bridge. It was a favorite place to go when not much was going on elsewhere. Everyone liked to get scared. We would park somewhere near and walk to the bridge. At that time there were planks missing and holes here and there, and some weren't brave enough to walk across.

When I was younger I remember the bridge being driveable, probably early sixties. Don't remember when it got closed down to traffic.

From the sixties on I remember the Screaming Sheila story. She somehow drowned in the lake and could be seen and heard on or near the bridge.

A truck did finally collapse that bridge. Wasn't an eighteen wheeler, but a smaller truck. That was when the bridge was closed, but I don't believe anyone was hurt seriously in that accident.

OK my mom says she remembers her mother telling about SS when my mom was pretty young. BUT, she says the story then was that Sheila would float down the Leon River that runs at the end of Bassett St. screaming with her husband's head in her arms. Mom remembers one time the family was coming home from visiting and was crossing the old wooden bridge that used to be at the end of Bassett st. She said it was probably around midnight or so and all the kids were asleep on the back of the old truck they were in. So mom wakes up and as they are crossing the bridge she let's out a scream pretending it's Screaming Sheila. Guess her dad didn't believe in Sheila if you know what I mean.
    Anyway mom says the story switched to Sheila at Ringling later on but she wasn't sure exactly when.

Ok, now I got to add Basset St. and Leon River as places I can NO go .....lol

My mom says that maybe the story switched to Ringling Lake when the panther was out there and when a panther screams it can sometimes sound like I woman screaming. This supposedly happened in the mid to late 50's.

Then I guess I never have to worry about you visiting after dark in my neighborhood since I live across the street from the cemetery?

Hey Here is a stupid Question .. Is that Panther out there still ?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasT
    Then I guess I never have to worry about you visiting after dark in my neighborhood since I live across the street from the cemetery?
    Probably not even in daylight!....roflol....j/k

Quote Originally Posted by jenfrog81
    I really doubt it. That was back in the 50's. Haven't heard anything about one being out there since. Might be some pretty big bobcats there though. Did hear of a mountain lion in the Morton Valley area a few years back. heard something about a family coming home and findng it with the family cat in it's mouth.

I really doubt it. That was back in the 50's. Haven't heard anything about one being out there since. Might be some pretty big bobcats there though. Did hear of a mountain lion in the Morton Valley area a few years back. heard something about a family coming home and findng it with the family cat in it's mouth.
    Wonder how one could entice a mountain lion to visit a neighborhood in town?

Have you tried "Here, kitty, kitty kitty... "?
    Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not.

Wonder how many remember the "Caddo Critter"?

Well, Big, your avatar is unique to say the least. With a mug like that you could start a whole new series of spooky tales that would put SS to shame.

I always heard she was screaming for her baby also......I've always been a little scared of this story and some of the other things I've heard about that lake.. Back when I was in high school in the 70's, a couple that I knew always went "parking" out there. One night they were "enjoying" themselves they heard a noice on back of their car. A loud thump...They waited for a few minutes to see if they heard it again. they did hear it plus they said it felt like someone jumped on back of the car. They got scared and went back to town.Once they got home they discovered a hook on the bumper of their car (the kind someone wears once they loose an arm!!) evidently a man was about to jump them, but he got his hook stuck on their car and they took off and took the hook with them!!!! YIKES!!! They were scared s***less and never went out there again!
    I never went out to that lake until last year, because of all the stories i've always heard.I went out and rode 4-wheelers. I felt wierd the whole time I was out there and kept looking over my shoulder.....
    anyone wannna have a SPIN weiner roast out there????? NOT!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman
    Wonder how many remember the "Caddo Critter"?
    What or whom is the Caddo Critter ?
    Help I need DUCKTAPE

Linda Plumley Guest
    Back in the early eighties the Story goes that there was a Caddo Critter ,
    It was suppose to have looked like a Big Foot .
    Allot of People saw it out and around Caddo High Way .One of my friends called the Police Dept. one night and said The Caddo Critter tried to get into her Chicken Yard . But of course this Friend of mine talked to little Green men from Outer Space most of the time .
    Now I heard The Caddo Critter retired burned his costume and he is now working for the City of Ranger .

In the early 70's was the last time I came across the Caddo Critter. Nighttime is the best for hauling hay but not for flat tires. My brother-in-law and I had a flat on 6 mile hill with aload of hay. We were halfway through when we heard hissing-growling-snorting in the thicket on the other side of the road. As he is 9 yrs. older, he knew it was the Caddo Critter and I did'nt. He told me if I did'nt want to be The Critter's next meal, I better get that tire on in a hurry. Once we were back on the road he told me about the Caddo Critter. All I know is that thing stunk,made a whale of a commotion,and had green eyes that glowed in the dark. Only saw it once more since then. I am a firm believer in the Caddo Critter!

Prolly he is a Meth Monster

Linda Plumley Guest
    And you Spinsters say I am the Crazy one ? Well I haven't seen any Little Green Men from Outer Space .
    Sounds like some one has been watching to much TV on the Discovery Chanel .
    Look Spinsters I have been waiting all my life for a Space Ship to come down and take me away but I might as well go buy a box of Cal-gone and sprinkle it in my Bath Tub and repeat over and over take me away .
    But on the other hand I live with Space Cadets .

Quote Originally Posted by NKP
    Prolly *he *is a *Meth Monster *
    yeah, and his sisters Latweeka and Schizerella!...lol

Linda Plumley Guest
    Yes and that is where all these 6 toed People come from.

Well, if you notice you haven't heard anything about the "Caddo Critter"
    in a long, long time. No spotting's or anything of the sort. Anyone care to guess the reason why? If you're right, I'll jump for joy.

Linda Plumley Guest
    I told you Pianoman He burned his Costume and is now working for the city of Ranger, And is living the American Dream with his Favorite Sister and they have 11 little Children with their 11 little toes on each foot .I have know you most of your life and you never would listen to a thing I tried to tell you .

His Sister *Is *Screaming Sheila ..

Linda Plumley Guest
    Thans NKP I had them mixed up the other one lives on HWY 101.

Linda Plumley Guest
    The word is THANK YOU not Than " Sorry "

any one down for a trip to ringling tonight every on hop in the back of my truck and we will go across the bridge and all around the lake. Sounds like something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Plumley
    I told you Pianoman He burned his Costume and is now working for the city of Ranger, And is living the American Dream with his Favorite Sister and they have 11 little Children with their 11 little toes on each foot .I have know you most of your life and you never would *listen to a thing I tried to tell you .
    Well dagnabit, why should I start listening now? (I thought they had 12 fingers and toes, goes to show ya what I know huh)

Oh well, neeexxxtttt.

any one down for a trip to ringling tonight every on hop in the back of my truck and we will go across the bridge and all around the lake. Sounds like something to do

YIKES!!!!!

OK Julie, BigGunz, GBOF, Mally, and the rest of the ECPYA group, let's have a camp out at Ringling and do some research on Screaming Sheila!

OK Julie, BigGunz, GBOF, Mally, and the rest of the ECPYA group, let's have a camp out at Ringling and do some research on Screaming Sheila!
    That sounds really fun!!!

i've already suggested a weiner roast!!!!!! If I go , someones gotta promise to hold my hand!!!!!! this suff seriously scares me!!

My brother and his wife were about 15 years older than me. I can remember them camping at Ringling Lake a lot during my growing up years. They fished and camped out there with other couples and friends. I got to go along quite often, and spent the night out there occasionally.

I remember a story they told. They all went out there one evening and set up camp to spend the night. After settling in, they were all enjoying themselves, having a good time, the guys scaring the girls with stories, and one of the couples got into a playful scuffle. The girl pulled away from her husband and he began chasing her. It was all in fun, and she ran from him, heading away from camp, down a dirt road.

Before he could catch her, she began screaming and came running back into his arms, hysterical. He took her back to camp, and she told of nearly running right into a VERY TALL, strange manlike creature.

They said it took a while to calm the girl down. The guys searched the area and never saw anything or anyone else that night.

strange manlike creature??????oh my gosh!!!! these stories are getting worse....i ain't going!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joey
    strange manlike creature??????oh my gosh!!!! these stories are getting worse....i ain't going!!!!!!!

Oh I heard it was a very short, ordinary womanlike creature

i spend alot of night out at ringling in boy scouts we did alot of clean up out their, i never herd any screaming or any thing but one night we where riding four wheelers and i was on a trail by myself "we were playing hide and seek" well it was pitch dark and all of a sudend a women just apered on the trail and walked back in to the woods kinda creepy but i guess just a hike

Quote Originally Posted by MsFrizz
    ...My brother and his wife.....I remember a story they told.....
    That brother of yours was a teller of tall tales!

I'd go. My son just returned my tent today... maybe that's a sign.

I'm loving these stories.... but wouldn't they be even neater if we were sitting around a campfire in the dark? bwahhh ha ha haa!

I'll bring the wienies!!

Here is one of my favorite spooky place...The Necessity cemetery...there is a stone there that has a poem on it about going round and round it as you read the verse on it...and then you go down the road aways and there is another grave site...right in the middle of the road...Just very, very strange!!!!
    I want to go camping and eat hot dogs...still want to do the drag thing, but after the crusin' and groovin' thing...I'm a good camper...

If you go south across I-20 on SPUR 490, I don't remember the country road number but its where Grandpa's smokehouse used to be. go about 3 miles south of I-20 and there is a cemetery "Pleasant Valley". It's fenced but in the bar ditch outside of the fence is a plot with a woman and a baby..sad...very old..

Oh, come on, BB, didn't you offer her a ride???????

Your a trouble starter...Walkin..

Quote Originally Posted by Goalie
    Have you tried "Here, kitty, kitty kitty... "?
    Well, dang! I just wanted the lion to visit, I didn't wanna insult it! Ya see, Goalie, after the lion eats all the cats, I could call the ACO and get him to come shoot the mountain lion cause he's a danger to society. Errrr...the mountain lion is the danger, not the ACO!

Im all for a camp out there for sure!

Maybe it should be our next Spin picnic.... at Ringling Lake, in the dark, camp fire, ghost stories, and listening for Screaming Sheila. Spin's haunted picnic!! :blackbat:

I think we might need to get permission from the city to be out there after dark, but I'll bet we could get it.

sounds like a plan to me....lol

If SS or the Caddo creature does come...I dont have to run faster than them....just run faster than the slowest in our group.....lol

If SS or the Caddo creature does come...I dont have to run faster than them....just run faster than the slowest in our group.....lol
    So the trick is for everyone to bring a friend that is slower than they are.

My husband's parents used to own some land north of Eastland. There were 2 graves on the land. During the summer, there would be some flowers on the grave. Hubby's parents never did see anyone, or signs of anyone placing them on the graves.
    There were no tombstones to know who they were, just tall rocks to mark them.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFrizz
    ...My brother and his wife.....I remember a story they told.....
    That brother of yours was a teller of tall tales! *
    Or it could have been your brother walking to scare her brother. LOL. sounds like them.

You know that would be so CREEPPYYY to spend the night in a cematrey ...

You know that would be so CREEPPYYY to spend the night in a *cematrey ...
    why is that?...eveyone else in there spends the night there!